PROJECT MANAGEMENT SKILLS FOR WORK & LIFE
Thursday, January 27, 2022
Project management is the application of knowledge, skills, and techniques to execute projects effectively and efficiently. It’s a strategic competency for professionals that is sometimes learned in a formal setting, or refined through practical, on-the-job work experience. Either way, strong project management skills are necessary to get projects done with the desired results and meeting the business’ overall goals.
What most successful project managers learn is that these skills aren’t just useful on the job. A strong grasp of project management can keep you on track at work and in your everyday life. Join us for this workshop as you learn about the Aglile method of Project Management – a style that breaks large tasks and goals to smaller pieces for success.
Attend and learn:
- How project management is defined and how the need for it shows up in life and work
- Different approaches to project management (Agile vs. Waterfall) and the pros and cons you should consider in applying them to your tasks
- How to use project management skills to keep you from feeling overwhelmed
- How project management and planning can work hand-in-hand to help you achieve your goals
- The fundamentals of the “Scrum” approach to project management, which helps you move quickly while making adjustments along the way.
Join us for this introduction to project management and be prepared to take a new approach to getting things done on the job and beyond.
Latasha Langdon holds an MBA from Cardinal Stritch University and Bachelor of Science degree from Milwaukee School of Engineering. She has over 15 years of corporate work experience with top 500 companies and is an active volunteer and mentor to youth and young adults. Langdon has over 20 years of experience providing life strategies to over 1,000 youth and young adults from all backgrounds and ages. She is the creative owner and founder of Divine Destinies Life Skills, LLC. She is Scrum Master, Project Manager, Entrepreneur and Teacher. She holds a PMP as well as certifications in SAFe, Six Sigma green belt and Lean certificate.
Learn more: https://www.linkedin.com/in/latashalangdon/