WORKING PARENTS ROUNDTABLE
Thursday, January 27, 2022
Nearly 33% of today’s workforce are parents with minor children, but until recently, work and parenting have been treated as parts of life needing to be “balanced” but separate. The world of virtual work has somewhat blended the work/life lines, bringing clients, colleagues and co-workers into each other’s homes and bringing the realities of working parenthood into the forefront.
This roundtable is for everyone – working parents, leaders who manage workers with children, professionals thinking about becoming parents, and professionals with adult children. We’re putting together a panel of Milwaukee professionals to ask and answer questions that will help us all better blend and balance life and work.
We will discuss:
- How to create a practical plan to support your professional and parenting goals.
- Wellbeing for parents and how to ask for help, set boundaries, and prioritize self-care.
- The reality of working parenthood – statistics from the latest studies.
- Deciding what matters most and how to manage conflicting priorities.
- How to be an effective team-member or manager of a working parent.
You’ll hear from some of Milwaukee’s most prominent professionals about their working parent experiences and lessons learned. We’ll also talk to professionals who are thinking about becoming parents and looking for advice. This will be a fun and interactive discussion that you don’t want to miss.